The Marketing program provides students with the critical skills to identify business opportunities through researching and assessing customers, competitors and the overall marketplace.
|Program Status:||Accepting Applications|
|Co-ordinator:||Russell Turner Email|
|Credential:||Ontario College Advanced Diploma|
|Start Dates:||January 06, 2014|
|Tuition Fees:||$1,848.50 per semester*|
|* Tuition and fees subject to change.|
The program combines experiential learning opportunities with courses covering all areas of marketing practice and strategy, including:
- International Marketing
- Direct/Internet marketing
- Marketing research
- Product management
- Consumer behaviour
There is no shortage of enthusiasm or expertise in the classroom, as your professors have worked in marketing and are passionate about their work.
The entire 6th semester is an in-depth Applied Learning Project. Students also have the opportunity to complete the 6th semester at Universidad del Valle de Mexico near Mexico City.
Why Choose Fleming
Fleming's Marketing program focuses on real-life marketing challenges in a globalized world. The program is an applied educational experience. For example, you will use case studies from actual businesses in several of your courses. In the 6th semester, Applied Projects course you will take on the role of a marketing consultant for a corporate or non-profit client. Throughout the project you will be guided by a faculty mentor to meet your client's objectives. Through these experiences, you will acquire a broad skill set to make you more qualified and increase your opportunities for employment. Our marketing faculty are accessible, approachable, and ready to work with you on concerns or goals for the future.
This program will prepare you for a career in today's ever-changing world. The EDGE focus within the School of Justice and Business Studies is founded on 4 principles:
- Environmental Responsibility: Learn how to contribute to a sustainable future. Ensure your career leaves a green footprint.
- Diversity: Work with a variety of people from faculty, administration, students and members of the community. Learn how to be creative and innovative.
- Global Perspective: Learn to compete on a level playing field in the global market.
- Experience: Gain real experience in your field through case studies, simulations, placements and applied projects.
Develop your EDGE at the School of Justice and Business Studies.
Got a degree or diploma already? You may be able to transfer credits and earn your diploma in less than three years. Contact the program co-ordinator for more information.
Is this You?
Marketing specialists tend to be:
- Outgoing, creative thinkers
- Persuasive communicators
- Able to work well in groups
- Able to work well under pressure and to deadlines
- Able to juggle many projects simultaneously
- Able to see both the big picture and the details.
Marketing graduates are versatile and go on to careers in marketing, advertising, sales or public relations. Some of these positions include:
- Sales representative or manager
- Advertising Agency account executive
- Customer service representative
- Marketing research analyst
- Marketing manager
- Internet marketing specialist
- Direct marketing specialist
- Marketing consultant
- Advertising analyst
Minimum Admission Requirements
OSSD with the majority of credits at the College (C) and Open (O) level, including:
- 2 College (C) English courses (Grade 11 or Grade 12)
- 1 College (C) Math course (Grade 11)
When (C) is the minimum course level for admission, (U) or (U/C) courses are also accepted.
Recommended (but not required for admission):
- Grade 12 College (C) Math
If you are 19 years of age or older before classes start, and you do not possess an OSSD, you can write the Canadian Adult Achievement Test to assess your eligibility for admission. Additional testing or academic upgrading may be necessary to meet specific course requirements for this program.
NOTE: students starting in January are required to attend classes over the summer semester.
Approximately $1,000 per year for books and supplies.
- Athabasca University
- Australian Catholic University National
- Griffith University, Queensland, Australia
- Lakehead University
- Laurentian University
- Northwood University
- Ryerson University
- Trent University
- University Canada West
- University of Lethbridge
- University of Ontario Institute of Technology
- University of Windsor
For more information see the Pathways to University page.
Every attempt is made to ensure the accuracy of the information on our website and in our publications. The College reserves the right to modify or cancel any course, program, fee, timetable, or campus location at any time.