GIS Open House
Tuesday 26 June, 2012
From 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Fleming College Frost Campus
200 Albert Street S,
Lindsay, ON – June 19, 2012 - Fleming College’s Frost Campus is hosting the Geographic Information Systems Open House on Tuesday, June 26, 2012 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Graduates of the GIS-Application Specialist and GIS-Cartographic Specialist programs will be showcasing products from their cooperative projects.
The GIS-Application Specialist and GIS-Cartographic Specialist projects include:
- CliC-ON-Agric: A prototype for mapping the effects of climate change in Ontario
- ADAPT: Automated Decision Support for Adaptation Tool for Climate Change-derived floods
- Using GIS to analyze collisions on the Provincial Highway Network
- Potential Streams in Bancroft District
- Ontario Stream Sediment Survey – Geospatial Analysis of Chemical Contaminants in Stream Sediments from across Ontario
- Lake Simcoe Shoreline Inventory and Interactive Mapping Web-tool
- Spatial Modeling of Lake Sturgeon habitat in the Mattagami River near Timmins, Ontario
- City of Barrie Service Request Android Application
- Shade Audit of Peterborough Area Parks
- Ontario Agricultural Resource Inventory (AgRI): A New Approach to Field Observation Database Attribution using ArcPad
- Migrating Custom VBA Tools to Python and Analyzing Ground Elevation Values for Petroleum Operations, MNR
- Identify access and service levels for water and sanitation in Il Ngwesi, Kenya.
- Employment Geo-viewer Web GIS Application
- The Puslinch Tract Trails Assessment & Masterplan
- Road Closure and Conditions (advisory) Internal Application
- Ganaraska Forest Resource Inventory Update
- GIS Inventory and Management of Natural Resources in Samuel de Champlain Provincial Park.
To confirm your attendance and the number of guests you will be bringing, please contact Tina Curtin, GIS-Cartographic Specialist Candidate, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Frost Campus is located at 200 Albert St. S. in Lindsay, Ont.
Fleming was the first college to offer GIS training in Ontario, and has been doing so for more than 20 years. During the final two semesters of the academic year, students work on their GIS Co-operative Project; they choose a project, write a proposal and complete projects that are supplied by the GIS industry, municipalities and government clients.
Graduates of Fleming’s cartographic programs have earned a reputation for excellence through their achievements in the workplace, and through cartographic and GIS competitions. Over the years, they have captured 80 American Congress on Surveying and Mapping awards in annual competitions (student category), as well as numerous awards from the Canadian Cartographic Association and the Canadian Institute of Geomatics. Graduate employment rates remain high and Fleming’s reputation in the GIS industry remains unequalled.
For more information:
To confirm your attendance, contact: Tina Curtin at email@example.com
Communications Officer: Leigh McEachran, firstname.lastname@example.org, 705-749-5530 ext. 1370