Course Number: ARTS 282
This course will introduce you to a dynamic approach of constructing figurative sculpture. With a model present you will explore traditional techniques that will aid you in a quick and thorough understanding of anatomy, volume, mass proportion and dynamic movement of the human body. Instruction will emphasize the development of skills and tactile awareness in conjunction with your own intuitive and expressive abilities to communicate through the language of form. Skills learned will enable you to produce many pieces of work during the course. This course is suited to individuals who would like to strengthen their powers of perception. If you are a doctor, dentist, architect, engineer, painter, potter, animator or you would simply like to see more with every look, you will benefit from this course.
Please note: Completed works may be retained and processed to a permanent state through firing or casting processes. These processes will not be offered during this course.
You might also be interested in
- Figure Drawing Introductory Workshop ARTS1766 Start on Jul 13, 2013 and 1 other date
- Open Studio - Working from the Figure ARTS1927 Start on Jul 22, 2013
- Concrete Sculpture for Beginners ARTS 284 Start on Jul 15, 2013
- Handbuilding Clay Sculpture ARTS 108 Start on Jul 08, 2013
- Iron Sculpture ARTS 113 Start on Aug 12, 2013
Starts in 44 days